Monday, November 12, 2012

The Joy of Counting Fat Rolls

I remember when my first baby was about six months old, we could count the little fat rolls around her thighs and belly. We just thought they were so cute; healthy baby fat. As adults fat rolls are anything but cute, and counting them can be rather traumatic... normally.
Rolls are cute on puppies to!

I've been over weight most of my life. I had a few years in childhood were I wasn't a couple years between high school and adulthood, that's about it. Other then that there has been way to much fat on this body.

Through the years I tried diet after diet, a few pounds would come off, but always even more would come back on; each with its own fat roll to go with it. I could have named each fat roll for the diets that didn't work, but what would have been the point in that. Besides, eventually all the fat rolls combined into one giant fat roll that encompassed my body like a balloon. If only it really were a balloon, I could have punctured it and been done with this journey! :D

Then the journey would have been over though, and I have miles to go and much to learn. So now that I've lost more then 26 pounds, in a little over a month, a new phenomenon has occurred! Fat rolls are re-appearing! At first there were two, now there are three. My body is starting the process toward having a shape again! It may seem laughable to be joyfully counting my fat rolls, but they give me solid evidence that fat is exiting my body. Yes!

I only weigh once a month, on the first of each month (part of my recovery program), so I can't tell you for sure how much more weight I've lost since then, but my body is letting me know in unique ways, and I like it!

This time around I am not on a diet, or a food plan, I'm restructuring my whole life. I'm recovering from my addictions and learning how to live life more fully, one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Love this, love you! So proud of you and what you are doing for yourself and for all of us that love you! Taking care of you is the best gift you can give us, and I am so glad that you are finding joy in the process. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you sweetie, I feel blessed and loved and motivated. God is doing for me what I could not do for myself. Life is good! <3

    ReplyDelete